The 指导 Department sends all school documents electronically via eDocs. These documents include transcripts, teacher and counselor recommendations, school profile and 常见的应用程序 报告. 学生 必须 first establish a 常见的应用程序 account then link it to their Naviance account in order for 指导 to electronically submit any documents. 请点击 HERE 一步一步的指示.
Speak to your 指导 Counselor about applying Early Action or Early Decision to schools that offer it. Deadline for most Early Action and Early Decision applications is October 15th so students will need to begin the college application steps outlined below in early September.
We recommend submitting applications to large state universities and military service academies by early October. 参观 US Government Military Colleges and Universities Website for more information about additional application requirements.
Note which schools have rolling 招生 and apply to them as early as possible.
学生 are permitted two excused absences for visiting schools.
到9月30日th: (必须 be done in order for 指导 to submit documents to colleges)
1. 如上所述, 建立通用App账号, complete FERPA (Federal Education Rights Privacy Act) waiver and link 常见的应用程序 account to Naviance. 点击 HERE 请示
3. Invite TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS in Naviance under “Colleges I Am Applying To.“点击 HERE 请示. 这样做是很重要的 尽快 in order to give teachers enough time to complete letters by deadline.
1. 高年级/家长小组指导报告- The electronic college application process is presented along with resources available to students. 指导 Department staff will answer any questions. It is very important that student and parent attend in order to understand the process. 将有一个上午和一个晚上的会议.
2. Senior/Parent Individual 指导 Counselor Meeting - Discuss student's college application progress and future plans.
3. 完整的课外活动简历, 社区服务, 乐游棋牌网页版, 就业, 领导等. to use while completing applications and to submit to teachers and counselor for letters of recommendation.
4. 父母——完成 “父母自夸表” 然后交给辅导员.
5. Make a list of schools you are applying to and create a spreadsheet of all requirements and deadlines, being sure to note Early Action or Early Decision deadlines. 每完成一个要求就把它们标记出来.
Be sure to note which colleges accept the 常见的应用程序, which accept 常见的应用程序 but also have their own required supplemental information, and which colleges only accept their own application.
Note which testing is required or recommended for each school (ie: SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT.)
Note how many letters of recommendation are required and if there are specific subject teachers the school requires.
Note which schools have separate applications for Honors Programs and 奖学金 and apply if you are interested.
6. Register for and take all required testing so that scores can be submitted by application deadline.
7. 向每所学校提交考试成绩. 学生 必须 submit their own scores directly from College Board or ACT websites.
8. Personally and electronically (via Naviance) request teacher recommendations. 必须在申请成绩单之前完成. 点击 HERE 请示.
9. 向指导部提交成绩单申请. 点击 HERE 请示.
10. Complete all applications and submit by deadlines. Be sure to get a confirmation after you hit “send.”
12. Keep checking on the status of your applications via the college 招生 websites to be sure your applications are complete.
2. Sign up to attend information sessions with college reps who are scheduled to visit school. Check the 指导 Department 日历 for college rep visits.
3. 安排更多的校园参观, remembering to register in the 招生 Offices and following up with thank you emails.
1. Maintain strong GPA- some schools require second and third marking period grades.
3. Submit additional honors and awards to 招生 Offices.
4. 提交财务援助信息(FAFSA).截止日期是2月1日st. This must be completed for schools to offer any financial aid package, including federal loans. 至: www.fafsa.gov 点击 HERE for more information regarding financial aid and the FAFSA.
1. Colleges will rescind offers if final grades are low so be careful of “senioritis!”
3. Keep 指导 Counselor informed of as schools send decisions and give him or her copies of acceptance letters and any scholarship awards.
4. 保持联系! You will soon join the thousands of RBC graduates who will always proudly call themselves Caseys. Stay connected by submitting your new contact information HERE.